Gales Ferry/Juliet W. Long Goals
Vision: Ledyard Public Schools- a community for exemplary learning
Mission: Ledyard Public Schools facilitate experiences for our community that cultivate a joy for learning, perseverance, independence, and social responsibility through innovative teaching practices.
Goal Categories: Leadership, Communication, Technology, Curriculum
Goal 1- GF/JWL staff members will build their capacity and contribute to the learning community both at the school and district level.
- Revisit Domain 4 of the CCT at a fall faculty meeting
- Offer opportunities for staff members to lead and share new learning at grade level team meetings, faculty meetings, and other PL sessions
- Organize and run book studies in the spring facilitated by staff members
- Agendas from faculty meetings, grade level team meetings, and other PL sessions
- Book club schedules and discussion notes
Goal 2- GF/JWL staff members will promote social responsibility to create a positive learning community.
- Identify core values based on School Climate Survey results
- Create consistent behavioral expectations/ consequences and use common language
- Develop videos/skits to model expectations
- Revise office referral forms to align with school-wide behavioral expectations
- Explicitly teach social skills
- Recognize positive behavior
- Further develop the student leadership team
- Copy of behavioral expectations/consequences and office referral form
- Copy of common language used throughout the learning community
- Copy of videos modeling behavioral expectations
- Lesson plans related to social skills
- Agendas/videos of All School Meetings
- Minutes and other documentation from the student leadership team (Colonel Captains)
Goal 3- GF/JWL staff members will use technology to enhance instruction and communication.
- Learn more about MAP reports and use the information to shape goals and instruction
- Use the new website and other technology tools to enhance communication with parents
- Collect and use materials/resources to facilitate collaboration with colleagues both at the school and district level
- Goals and progress monitoring data
- Contents of website
- Resources used and shared with colleagues
Goal 4- GF/JWL staff members will embed 21st century skills into instruction in order to prepare students to be career and college ready by the time they graduate.
- Learn more about what targeted 21st century skills look like in the classroom
- Develop lessons and create learning environment in which these skills are promoted
- Increase student engagement and build in student choice
- PL opportunities and grade level team/faculty meeting agendas
- Lesson plans, student work